May 12, 2009

Back to School: MFA @SAIC



After many flights, nights sleeping on a hardwood floor, self-guided tours, group interviews, AdvilPMs, and several amazing conversations with Sean and Liz, I have decided to pursue a MFA at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) in Fiber and Material Studies.
I look forward to working with dynamic faculty like: Darrel Morris, Candida Alvarez, Amy Honchell, Anne Wilson, Kathryn Hixson, and many others. The program has about 10 students in each graduating MFA class and studios on South Wabash Avenue. I hope to run a mini-visiting artist program out of my studio next fall and do tons of research in their amazing libraries and museum. The new AIC Contemporary Wing opens this Friday (5/15). I can't wait to check it out.

Attending SAIC also means leaving DC and moving to Chicago, which is both and exciting and crushing. I love DC and the art community here has become part of my family but I can't wait to explore Chicago. I'm not leaving until late June so there should be plenty of opportunities to enjoy DC before the move.

Photo courtesy of Kristina Bilonick

No comments: